THINGS TO DO IN THE COLORADO SPRINGS
Fishing | Skiing | Golf | Horseback Riding | Trains
People in Colorado Springs and from out of state enjoy their passion for one of the most popular sports: fishing.
In Colordo you can fish in lakes, streams, rivers and reservoirs depoiding on your preference. Fort Carson has several fishing ponds right on post or you can head out to Quail Lake just minutes away.
Enjoy a day of fishing at Eleven Mile Resevoir, Monument Lake, Crystal Creek Resevoir or the Arkansas River in Canon City.
For more fishing sites check out the Colorado Fishing Network
Skiing in Colorado is one of theg reatest experiences you can imagine. Snowboarders and Skiers from from all over the world to spend a day on the snow at one the popular ski resors found in the beautiful Rocky Mountains.
Colorado skiers and snowboards can glide down the slopes from October through the July depending on the snow recieved during the year. Most resorts start closing down in early April.
Some of the most popular places to ski and snowboard are:
- Arapahoe Basin
- Aspen Highlands
- Aspen Mountain
- Beaver Creek Resort
- Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Copper Mountain
- Crested Butte Mountain Resort
- Eldora Moutnain Resort
- Howelsen Hill Ski Area
- Keystone Resort
- Loveland Ski Area
- Monarch Ski Area
- Powderhorn Resort
- Silverton Mountain
- Ski Cooper
- Snow Mass
- Sunlight Mountain Resort
- Winter Park
- Wolk Creek
Golf againt the majestic backdrop of Pikes Peak and Cheyenne Mountain at the Cheyenne Mountain Country Club. The Broadmoor Hotel has three of the finest championship golf courses in the world. TheGarden of the Gods Club and Resort has a challenging 27 hold class course.
Here is a list of golf courses in the Colorado Springs area:
- Antler Creek Golf Course - Public
- Broadmoor Hotel - 3 championship golf courses
- Cherokee Ridge Golf Course
- Cheyenne Mountain Resort
- Cheyenne Shadows Golf Club -
- Colorado Springs Country Club
- Eisenhower Golf Blug -- Private golf course
- Four Mile Ranch Golf Club
- Garden of the Gods Club & Resort
- Kissing Camels Golf Course - Private club
- Patty Jewett Golf Course - Public
- Pine Creek Golf Club - Public
- Sand CreekGolf Course
- Shining Ranch Golf Club
- United State Air Force Academy
- Valley Hi Golf Course
Horseback riding in Colorado springs is the best way to enjoy the outdoors, riding through Cheyenne Canyon or Garden of the Gods or visit one of the nearby Dude Rances.
- Academy Riding Stables
- Chico Basin Ranch
- M Lazy C Ranch
- Old State Riding Stables
- Tarryall River Ranch
Take a ride and experience the scenic beauty of Colorado. Ride the Pikes Peak Cog Railway to the top of Pikes Peak Mountain or take the Royal Gorge Route Railroad in Canon City.
Top Colorado Railroad Rides:
- Broadmoors Manitou & Pikes Pek Railway
- Cripple Creek & Victor Narrow Gauge Railroad
- Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad
- Pikes Peak Historical Street Railway - museum